Compass Blueprint is a new way to look at how we grow. The Compass Blueprint Growth Vision is a response, supported by a regional consensus, to the land use and transportation challenges facing Southern California now and in the coming years.
The Growth Vision is driven by four key principles:
- Mobility - Getting where we want to go
- Livability - Creating positive communities
- Prosperity - Long-term health for the region
- Sustainability - Promoting efficient use of natural resources
To realize these principles on the ground, the Growth Vision encourages:
- Focusing growth in existing and emerging centers and along major transportation corridors
- Creating significant areas of mixed-use development and walkable communities
- Targeting growth around existing and planned transit stations
- Preserving existing open space and stable residential areas
Generated by a comprehensive process initiated by SCAG in 2000, the Growth Vision includes input from extensive community participation, technical modeling analysis and expert peer review.
Download the 2004 Compass Blueprint Growth Vision Report [5MB PDF]